60. For each Province of Pakistan there shall be a Muslim League-N to be known as Provincial Muslim League-N and the area to be served by a Provincial Muslim League-N shall be co-extensive with the area of the Province for which it is constituted.
61. The organization of the Provincial Muslim League-N shall consist of :
(i) Provincial Muslim League-N Council.
(ii) Working Committee of the Provincial Muslim League-N.
(iii) Provincial Muslim League-N Parliamentary Board.
(iv) Provincial Muslim League-N Election Tribunal.
(v) District Muslim League-N.
(vi) City Muslim League-N.
(vii) Tehsil Muslim League-N.
(viii) Union Council Muslim League-N.
(ix) Primary Muslim League-N.
(x) Women Wing.
(xi) Youth Wing.
(xii) Lawyers Wing
(xiii) Trade and Industry Wing.
(xiv) Labour Wing.
(xv) Ulema Mashaikh Wing.
(xvi) Peasant Wing.
(xvii) Minorities Wing.
(xviii) Any other Wing conducive to attain the objectives of PML-N. Provisions relating to the local organisations listed at No.(v) – (ix) above appear in Chapter IV (Article 95 to 113). Provisions relating to organisations listed at No. (x) to (xviii) above are listed in Chapter-II (Articles 55 to 59).
62. (i) The Council of the Provincial Muslim League-N in each Province shall consist of members as shown below:
(a) Punjab 1200
(b) Sindh 600
(c) KPK 500
(d) Baluchistan 200
(e) Federal Capital Pakistan Muslim League-N 100
(f) Azad Jammu & Kashmir Muslim League-N 100
(f) Gilgit Baltistan 100
(g) FATA (when organised) 100
(ii) 30 members nominated by the President of a Provincial Muslim League-N after his election to provide adequate representation to women, labour, youth or any other interest group. Presidents and General Secretaries of specialized wings in each province shall be ex-officio members of the respective Provincial Councils.
(iii) All members of the Parliament who are members of Muslim League-N shall be ex-officio members of the Provincial Muslim League-N Council of the Province to which those members belong.
(iv) All members of Provincial Assemblies who are member of Muslim League-N shall be ex-officio members of the Council of the Provincial Muslim League-N of the Province concerned.
63. The Members of the Provincial Muslim League-N Council shall be elected by the Councils of City and District Muslim Leagues according to the numbers of seats allocated for each District and City Muslim League-N by the Working Committee of the Provincial Muslim League-N, keeping in view the population of each District and City.
Functions of the Provincial Muslim League-N Councils
64. The Councils of the Provincial Muslim Leagues shall perform the following functions:
(1) to elect Provincial office-bearers and members of the Council of the Pakistan Muslim League-N from the province concerned;
(2) to consider and pass resolutions with regard to all matters arising from time to time to carry out the purposes and aims and objects of the Pakistan Muslim League-N;
(3) to affiliate, suspend, dissolve or dis-affiliate any local organisation specified under Article 61.
Delegation of Power
65. The Council may delegate any one or more of its powers to the Provincial Working Committee, the President or any other office bearer of the Provincial
Muslim League-N with such limitations and conditions as it may deem fit to impose.
Term of Office
66. The term of the office of the members of the Council shall be three years but members will continue to serve until members of the Council are elected.
Meetings of the Council
67. (i) The Council of a Provincial Muslim League-N shall meet at the
discretion of the Provincial President, provided that he shall convene at least one meeting in every calendar year.
(ii) The General Secretary of the Provincial Muslim League-N shall,
in consultation with the Provincial President, announce the
date, time and place of the meeting of the Council and shall issue an agenda at least 7 days before the date of the meeting.
68. One third of the total members of the council may requisition the
meeting for a special purpose. The General Secretary of the party shall convene the meeting within thirty days of the receipt of such notice or ‘m case of the failure, the requisitionists may convene the meeting themselves.
69. A two-day notice before the date of the meeting of the Council shall be
required by a member of the Council to move a resolution in the meeting of the Council.
70. Every member of the Provincial Council shall pay Rs.50/- as annual subscription or as determined by the Provincial
Working Committee, from time to time. A member who has not paid this subscription shall not be entitled to participate in the meeting of the Council.
71. One-third of the total members of the Council shall form the quorum.
72. The following shall be the office-bearers of the Provincial Muslim League-N:
(1) President one
(2) Vice Presidents As may be necessary
(3) General Secretary one
(4) Information Secretary one
(5) Finance Secretary one
(6) Joint Secretaries As may be necessary
The Provincial President may ask one or more Vice Presidents to serve as Senior Vice President. He may also appoint a Chief Organizer to undertake organizational work of the Party, whenever necessary. In addition to the Information Secretary and Finance Secretary, the Provincial Working Committee may appoint other secretaries for different functions and one or more Additional General Secretaries, if necessary.
Term of Office
73. Every office-bearer shall hold office for a term of three years. He may resign from his office by a letter addressed to the President or the General Secretary. The vacancy in
the office bearers shall be filled by the Working Committee of the Province concerned.
Powers of the Provincial President
74. The President of a Provincial Muslim League-N shall be the Head of the Provincial organization in the Province concerned and shall exercise all the powers inherent in his office and shall see that all the authorities in the Province of his, jurisdiction work in consonance with the Constitution of the Pakistan Muslim League-N, rules and bye-laws.
75. During the absence or illness of the Provincial President, the President may nominate one of the Vice Presidents to perform the functions of the President; Provided that the powers of forming, expanding, reshuffling or reconstituting the Working Committee of the Provincial Muslim League-N or of nominating members of the Provincial Council, shall not be exercisable by any of the Vice Presidents when acting as President.
Vacancy of the Office of President
76. If the office of the Provincial President falls vacant due to death or resignation before the expiry of the term of his office, it shall be the duty of the General Secretary to convene the meeting of the Council within seven days to elect the new President within 45 days of such vacancy.
Duties of the General Secretary
77. The General Secretary shall exercise all the powers delegated to him by the Working Committee or, as the case may be the Council of the Provincial Muslim League-N. The General Secretary shall exercise all powers and discharge all the duties laid down by and incidental to the enforcement of the Constitution and generally to his office.
78. The General Secretary shall supervise the work of the staff of the Provincial Muslim League-N Secretariat.
79. The General Secretary shall have the authority to grant leave of absence with or without pay to the staff and the authority to punish or suspend them, but all cases of dismissal shall be reported to the Working Committee.
80. In case of emergency and in the matters not affecting the fundamental principles of the Constitution, the General Secretary may, with the approval of the President, take such actions on behalf of the Provincial Muslim League-N as he deems expedient. Provided that any action so taken shall be reported to the Provincial Working Committee at its next meeting for confirmation.
81. All secretaries assigned different functions and the Joint Secretaries shall assist the General Secretary and perform such functions under his guidance as may be entrusted to them. During the absence or illness of the General Secretary, the President may nominate one of the Joint Secretaries to act as General Secretary.
Provincial Working Committee
82. The Working Committee of the Provincial Muslim Leagues shall consist of no less then 12 and not more than 40 members. It shall be nominated by the President of the respective Provincial Muslim Leagues from amongst the members of the concerned Provincial Muslim League-N Council. The President of the respective Provincial Muslim League-N shall nominate at least 12 members of the Working Committee within 30 days of his election. He shall have the power to expand, reshuffle or reconstitute the Working Committee or replace any particular member thereof whenever he deems necessary. All the office-bearers of the respective Provincial Muslim League-N shall be ex-officio members of the Working Committee of the respective Provincial Muslim Leagues. The Working committee shall meet as often as the President of the Provincial Muslim League-N desires and at least once in every three months. One third members excluding the office-bearers shall form a quorum for a meeting of the Working Committee. All the resolutions of Working Committee shall be placed before the Provincial Muslim League-N Council for information.
83. The Working Committee shall be the principal executive of the Provincial Muslim League-N and shall perform the following functions:
(1) To consider and pass resolutions and to take necessary steps with regard to matters arising from time to time’ relating to objectives of the Provincial Muslim League-N and to ensure that these are not inconsistent or at variance with the creed or policy of the Pakistan
Muslim League-N or any resolution passed by the Council of Pakistan Muslim League-N;
(2) To take all necessary steps for giving effect to
resolutions passed at a session of the Council or the Working Committee;
(3) To appoint from time to time and supervise the
activities of sub-committees or subsidiary bodies for carrying out such duties and functions as may be entrusted to them, such as to deal with the affairs connected with the finances and organisation of the Provincial Muslim League-N, its affiliated branches and its various wings, advancement of the party’s aims and objectives and attend to the political challenges;
(4) To suspend, dissolve or disaffiliate any District/City Muslim League-N or their subsidiary organisations or wings, which fall in their duties or violate the decisions or directions of Provincial Muslim League-N or Pakistan Muslim League-N, subject to a right of appeal to the President PML-N;
(5) To take disciplinary action against any member of the Muslim League-N who violates its decision or acts in contravention of the aims and objects and to hear appeals against the decision of any other subsidiary body;
(6) To approve the annual budget and to authorise payments in accordance with it and to appoint Auditors;
(7) To sanction all payments not included in the budget;
(8) To nominate members of the Provincial Parliamentary Board and the Provincial Election Authority;
(9) To collect and consider all information necessary and useful with reference to the aims and objectives of the Provincial Muslim League-N;
(10) To perform such other functions as may be entrusted by the Council.
Provincial Parliamentary Boards
84. There shall be a Provincial Parliamentary Board consisting of upto 12 members to be nominated by the Working Committee of the Provincial Muslim League-N Council on the recommendations of the Provincial President. The President of the Provincial Muslim League-N shall be an ex-officio Chairman of the Parliamentary Board. The Leader of the Assembly party shall be ex-officio member of the Parliamentary Board. The Board shall elect its own Secretary.
85. The Parliamentary Board shall perform the following functions:
(a) To select the candidates for the Provincial Assemblies of the concerned Province in consultation with the respective district office bearers of the party.
(b) To recommend names of the candidates for election to the Parliament in consultation with respective district office bearers of the party for the consideration of the Central Parliamentary Board.
(c) To see that Muslim League-N Parliamentary Parties are established in the Provincial Assemblies.
(d) To frame rules and bye-laws for the Provincial Parliamentary Board. The Provincial Parliamentary Board may delegate any of its powers to the Chairman to be exercised in the case of urgency, subject to such limitations as may be deemed necessary.
(e) One third members of the Provincial Parliamentary Board shall form the quorum of the meeting.
(f) Any person aggrieved by the decision of the Provincial Parliamentary Board may prefer an appeal to the Central Parliamentary Board.
Provincial Election Authority
86. Working Committee of the Provincial Muslim League-N may appoint a Provincial Election Authority consisting of 5 members.
87. The functions of the Provincial Election Authority shall be:
(a) to supervise the Party elections at all tiers in a Province;
(b) to frame bye-laws for its working.
Provincial Election Tribunal
88. The Working Committee of the Provincial Muslim League-N shall appoint a Provincial Election Tribunal which may consist of a Chairman and two members. The Provincial Election Tribunal shall hear appeals and petitions against the election to any tier of the party in a Province.
ISLAMABAD FEDERAL CAPITAL MUSLIM LEAGUE-N
89. For the Islamabad Capital Area there shall be Muslim League-N known as Islamabad Federal Capital Muslim League-N and the area to be served by the Federal Capital Muslim League-N shall be co-extensive with the area of the Federal Capital.
90. The Council of Federal Area Muslim League-N shall consist of 50 members to be elected by the Council of District Muslim League-N and City Muslim League-N in the following manner: District Muslim League-N (Rural) 25
City Muslim League-N (Urban) 25
91. All the provisions of the Constitution relating to the Provincial Muslim League-N in Chapter-III and Local Organisations in Chapter-IV, shall mutatis mutandis apply in case of Islamabad Federal Capital Muslim League-N as far as applicable.
AJ&K & GILGIT BALTISTAN MUSLIM LEAGUE-N
92. The Council of Gilgit Baltistan Muslim League-N shall consist of 50 members.
92-A The Council of Azad Jammu and Kashmir shall consist of 100 membrs.
93. The provisions of the Constitution relating to the Provincial Muslim League-N and Local Organisations shall mutatis mutandis apply in case of the Gilgit Baltistan Muslim League-N.
93-A The provisions of the constitution relating to the Provincial Muslim League-N and local organizations shall mutatis mutandis apply to PML-N AJK.
FATA MUSLIM LEAGUE-N
94. The provisions relating to the Provincial Muslim League-N shall mutatis mutandis apply to the FATA Muslim League-N as and when constituted.